The June 2015 release of MAX Backup / IASO 15.6 will be posted to our MAX download & IASO download sites overnight on June 9th / 10th and is scheduled to be pushed to the Auto Update Service on June 23rd.
This release includes the following updates and enhancements to the MAX Backup / IASO platform:
Summary for MAX Backup / IASO 15.6
Cloud Management Console
- New Web-Based Cloud Management Console for Partner and Device Management
Available as a tool to supplement the existing Cloud Manage Console, Phase 1 of the new Web CMC is targeted specifically at the needs of Resellers and MSPs remotely managing end customer devices. The Web CMC provides partners with limited browser based access to the device management functions of the standalone Cloud Management Console without the need for a software installation. Now partners can add, delete, configure, monitor and manage backups from virtually any web based device.
The Phase 1 release of the Web CMC is not intended for our distributor and sub-distributor level partners, as that higher level of partner management functionally is yet to be introduced. Stay tuned, as additional phased updates to the Web CMC will be made throughout 2015 to expand functionality to include notifications, alerting and advanced report functionality.
The new Web CMC can be accessed securely at https://cmc.cloudbackup.management/ and uses your existing CMC Partner credentials.
- Consolidated Dashboard Emails for MSPs and end customers
In addition to the Individual Dashboard Emails available for each device, now MSP and Reseller level partners can configure recurring Consolidated Dashboard Emails which provides a single consolidated view of backup status for all partner devices.
Backup Manager / Recovery Console
- Individual File Restore for VMware and Hyper-V backups from within the Backup Manager
We’ve made significant usability and performance enhancement to the ability to restore individual files from VMware and Hyper-V host level backups. Now, from within the Backup Manager , the contents of a protected virtual machine can be Expanded with a single click to show a directory structure of the VM and select individual items to restore.
Note: This feature requires the installation of the latest Virtual Drive tool, and is initially released as Beta functionality.
- Backup Accelerator setting have been moved from the Preferences| Performance section to a hidden Preference page to simplify management. These settings do not require frequent adjustment, hover advanced users can access setting on the local device at the following url: http://localhost:5000/settings.html#/settings/backupaccelerator
- In this release the support team has been given two new tools, the first to query and analyze the backup register and the second to help collect and display device and environment information in order to speed issue resolution and reduce the need for a remote support session.
- VSS snapshot improvements including detailed logging for snapshot creation and the ability to more granularly manage the lifetime of the VSS snapshots
Updating to the latest version
You may download the latest Backup Manager from the download sections of our website or download links within the CMC. The latest Backup Manager release will also be distributed via our auto update server shortly following the initial release. To ensure your Windows and Mac OS clients are always updated with the latest Backup Manager client version please ensure that you have specified ‘Always latest version’ for the ‘Max version:’ setting in the ‘Partner information view’ section of the Cloud Management Console. You can consult the support knowledge base for more details on how to set the client Max Version.
Cloud Management Console
You may download the latest Cloud Management Console from the download section of our website. The latest CMC release will also be distributed via our auto update server shortly following the initial release. Once available you will be notified upon launching the CMC and presented with the option to update.
You may download the latest version of the BMR Tool, Recovery Console, Virtual Drive, etc. from the download section of our website. These components are not released via Auto Update.