The August 2015 release of MAX Backup/ IASO 15.8 is scheduled to post to the MAX download and IASO download sites overnight on August 11th/12th and is scheduled to be pushed to the Auto Update Service on August 25th.
This release includes the following updates and enhancements to the MAX Backup / IASO platform:
Summary for MAX Backup / IASO 15.8
- Transaction Log Management – We’ve introduced transaction log management within Microsoft Exchange VMs when performing a VMware ESX host level backup. Supported versions include Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010 & 2013 running on ESX 5.x, 6.0. Note: VMware tools must be installed within the VM.
- Web-Based Cloud Management Console Enhancements:
Introduced in 15.6 as a tool to supplement the existing Cloud Manage Console, the Web CMC is targeted specifically at the needs of Resellers and MSPs remotely managing end customer devices. The Web CMC continues to evolve providing partners with browser based access to add, delete, configure, monitor and manage backups from virtually any web based device without the need for a local software installation.
The Web CMC can be accessed securely at https://cmc.cloudbackup.management/ and uses your existing CMC Partner credentials.
- Partner Selection – a Partner selection tree has been added to the main screen of the Web CMC as well as to the Manage partners and Manage users dialogs, simplifying partner and user management.
- Column Management – has been added to the 15.8 Web CMC and now lets you select additional column data to use while manage your customer’s devices
Stay tuned, as additional phased updates to the Web CMC will be made throughout the remainder of 2015 to expand performance, functionality and usability.
Beta Features (ongoing)
- Individual File Restore for VMware and Hyper-V backups from within the Backup Manager (Beta) – We’ve made significant usability and performance enhancement to the ability to restore individual files from VMware and Hyper-V host level backups. Now, from within the Backup Manager , the contents of a protected virtual machine can be Expanded with a single click to show a directory structure of the VM and select individual items to restore. Please submit support tickets for any open issues.
- Virtual Disaster Recovery for Linux (Beta)– The beta release of our Virtual Disaster Recovery for Linux technology remains available for partners. Initial support is focused on VDR of CentOS to VMware. Please submit support tickets for any open issues.
Updating to the latest version
You may download the latest Backup Manager from the download sections of our website or download links within the CMC. The latest Backup Manager release will also be distributed via our auto update server shortly following the initial release. To ensure your Windows and Mac OS clients are always updated with the latest Backup Manager client version please ensure that you have specified ‘Always latest version’ for the ‘Max version:’ setting in the ‘Partner information view’ section of the Cloud Management Console. You can consult the support knowledge base for more details on how to set the client Max Version.
Cloud Management Console
You may download the latest Cloud Management Console from the download section of our website. The latest CMC release will also be distributed via our auto update server shortly following the initial release. Once available you will be notified upon launching the CMC and presented with the option to update.
You may also download the latest versions of the BMR Tool, Recovery Console, etc. from the download section of our website. These components are not currently released via Auto Update.