The November 2015 release of MAX Backup/ IASO 15.11 will be posted to the MAX download and IASO download sites overnight on November 10th/11th and is scheduled to be pushed to the Auto Update Service on November 24th.
This release includes resolutions for several minor customer reported issues as well as the following updates and enhancements to the MAX Backup / IASO platform:
Summary for MAX Backup / IASO 15.11
- Zero Byte File Detection – To protect against accidental data loss from virus and malware we’ve added checks to warn and help prevent backup of zero bytes files when the file previously had a non-zero size.
- Archive Session Performance Improvements – Enhancements have been made to significantly shrink the processing time for archive sessions.
- Bare Metal Recovery – Granular Volume Selection – We’ve added the flexibility to select or exclude individual volumes during the BMR process. This provides the flexibility to recovery a lost or corrupted boot volume but not recover a secondary data volume that is still intact, such as a GPT or iSCSI volume.
- Faster Single Pass Application Recovery – VSS based applications can now be recovered in the same pass as the file system and system state restore. Available for Continuous Restore, Virtual Disaster Recovery and Standby Image Backups.
- File Modify Time – During restore file selection the Backup Manager now displays the modify time and size for selected files.
- Management Console Performance Enhancements – This release includes several enhancements designed to improve the responsiveness and performance of the standalone and web-based management console.
- Web-Based Management Console Enhancements:
A New Web-based Management Console was introduced in 15.6 to supplement the existing Cloud Management Console. This new Web Console is targeted specifically at the needs of Resellers and MSPs remotely managing end customer devices. The Web Console continues to evolve providing partners with browser based access to add, delete, configure, monitor and manage backups from virtually any web based device without the need for a local software installation.
The Web Console can be accessed securely at https://cmc.cloudbackup.management/ and uses your existing Partner credentials.
Stay tuned, as additional phased updates to the Web Console will be made into 2016 as we continue to expand performance, functionality and usability.
Beta and Preview Features (ongoing)
- Individual File Restore for VMware and Hyper-V backups from within the Backup Manager (Beta) – We’ve made significant usability and performance enhancements in 15.6 around the ability to restore individual files from VMware and Hyper-V host level backups. Now, from within the Backup Manager , the contents of a protected virtual machine can be Expanded with a single click to show a directory structure of the VM and select individual items to restore. Please visit our knowledge base for more information and submit support tickets for any open issues.
- Virtual Disaster Recovery for Linux (Beta)– The beta release of our Virtual Disaster Recovery for Linux technology in 15.7 remains available for partners. Initial support is focused on VDR of CentOS to VMware. Please submit support tickets for any open issues.
- Bare Metal Recovery – BETA support for dissimilar disk hardware was introduced in 15,9 and includes the ability to recovery to an environment with a different number of disks or different disk sizes. Please submit support tickets for any open issues.
- Dynamic Disk support for Standby Image Backup – Beta support added in 15.10 for creating local Standby Image Backups of physical Windows systems configured with GPT or MBR dynamic disks.
- Dynamic Disk support for Virtual Disaster Recovery – Beta support added in 15.10 for Virtual Disaster Recovery to Hyper-V/.VHD/.VHDX for physical Windows systems configured with GPT or MBR dynamic disks. Note: Support for VMware / .VMDK currently only supports systems with non-bootable dynamic disks.
Updating to the latest version
You may download the latest Backup Manager from the download sections of our website or download links within the CMC. The latest Backup Manager release will also be distributed via our auto update server shortly following the initial release. To ensure your Windows and Mac OS clients are always updated with the latest Backup Manager client version please ensure that you have specified ‘Always latest version’ for the ‘Max version:’ setting in the ‘Partner information view’ section of the Cloud Management Console. You can consult the support knowledge base for more details on how to set the client Max Version.
Cloud Management Console
You may download the latest Cloud Management Console from the download section of our website. The latest release will also be distributed via our auto update server shortly following the initial release. Once available you will be notified upon launching the console and presented with the option to update.
You may also download the latest versions of the BMR Tool, Recovery Console, etc. from the download section of our website. These components are not currently released via Auto Update.