Further to our post a couple of days ago, we’re pleased to announce that the Managed Antivirus Bitdefender engine update is now released across all territories. This update is focused on performance improvements. You can read more about the AV engine improvements and what it means to you here.
We also recently published a user guide on controlling Bitdefender engine upgrades so you can schedule them to happen on weekends and evenings – click here for details.
The new Dashboard features we announced earlier in the week – Bulk Edit Tasks, new Script Checks and Automated Tasks, and Client Group support for almost all reports – are scheduled for release early next week.
Here is the change log for the new Managed Antivirus Bitdefender 184.108.40.2061 build:
New Features and Improvements:
- Improved the performance of scheduled scans when the Run low priority option is set. Please ensure the low priority option is enabled for both quick and deep scans within the MAV policy.
- Please note low priority is a code level action from Bitdefender and will not be reflected in task manager. Normal Priority shown in Task Manager is expected.
- Improved product and signatures update verification mechanisms
- Corrected an issue where deep scans could get hung when trying to scan a non-existent drive on the device
- Addressed a vulnerability that implied the possibility of remote code execution
- In some situations, the Bitdefender Endpoint Agent service was unable to start after a product update; requiring a reboot.
- During scans, the Endpoint Security icon was not visible in the Notification Area of Windows 10 TH2.
- In some situations, the on-access scanning module was not functional after an OS upgrade to Windows 10 TH2.