The April 2016 release of MAX Backup/ IASO 16.4 was posted to the MAX download and IASO download sites overnight on April 12th/13th and is scheduled to be pushed to the Auto Update Service by April 26th.
In addition to architectural and usability improvements this release includes the following enhancements:
Summary for MAX Backup 16.4
- Exchange Granular Restore (GA Release) technology allows partners to perform granular item level restores for Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013, & 2016. Our Exchange Granular Restore technology is made available through a partnership with Lucid8. Please Note: Installation of Virtual Drive and Outlook required. Other configuration and installation requirements can be found in the linked article and you can see it working in this quick video walk through.
- Automated Disaster Recovery Testing (Hyper-V & VMware) – it is now possible to automatically check the ability to boot a VM recovered via Virtual Disaster Recovery and the Recovery Console. If enabled, partners will receive an email with details of the VDR session and a Screenshot of the booted VM. This functionality it Now available for VMs recovered to Microsoft HyperV and VMware ESX environments. Implementation for additional environments is planned for a future release.
Note: Care should be used not to use this feature in local networks where duplication of services (Active directory for example) could cause conflicts.
Ongoing Beta and Production Preview Features
- Web-Based Management Console Enhancements (Production Preview) in 16.4 we continue to add usability improvements. This new console was first introduced in 2015 to supplement the existing Cloud Management Console and is targeted specifically at the needs of partners remotely managing end customer devices. The Web Console continues to evolve with each release providing partners with browser based access to add, delete, configure, monitor and manage backups from virtually any web based device without the need for a local software installation.
The Web Management Console can be accessed securely at https://backup.management/ and uses your existing Partner credentials.
Stay tuned, as additional phased updates to the Web Console will be made throughout 2016 as we continue to expand performance, functionality and usability.
- Individual File Restore for VMware and Hyper-V backups from within the Backup Manager (Beta) – This Beta feature provides the ability to restore individual files from VMware and Hyper-V host level backups. Now, from within the Backup Manager , the contents of a protected virtual machine can be Expanded with a single click to show a directory structure of the VM and select individual items to restore. Please visit our knowledge base for more information and submit support tickets for any open issues.
- Virtual Disaster Recovery for Linux (Beta)– The beta release of our Virtual Disaster Recovery for Linux technology in 15.7 remains available for partners. Initial support is focused on VDR of CentOS to VMware. Please submit support tickets for any open issues.
Updating to the latest version
You may download the latest Backup Manager from the download sections of our website or download links within the Management Console. The latest Backup Manager release will also be distributed via our auto update server shortly following the initial release. To ensure your Windows and Mac OS clients are always updated with the latest Backup Manager client version please ensure that you have specified ‘Always latest version’ for the ‘Max version:’ setting in the ‘Partner information view’ section of the Cloud Management Console. You can consult the support knowledge base for more details on how to set the client Max Version.
Cloud Management Console
You may download the latest Cloud Management Console from the download section of our website. The latest release will also be distributed via our auto update server shortly following the initial release. Once available you will be notified upon launching the management console and presented with the option to update.
You may also download the latest versions of the Bare Metal Recovery Tool, Recovery Console, etc. from the download section of our website. These components are not currently distributed via Auto Update.