Today, we’re pleased to announce brand new mobile apps for MAX Remote Management: One for Android, and one for iOS. Now you can monitor your clients on the go, and respond more quickly to issues as they arise. What does this really mean for you?
- Always connected: Check in on clients and problem devices
on the way to a client, during the commute, and when out of the office.
- View and clear failing checks, add notes, & view asset data
on your phone for the devices you’re working on.
- Use Take Control directly from your cell phone to interact directly with servers and workstations.
- Impress prospective clients with a slick looking mobile app that means you’re always in touch.
The new iOS and Android apps delivers these powerful capabilities to your mobile device. And if you’re a managed service provider, this can be a big advantage to help you retain your customers and win more business.
Using an older version of a MAX Remote Management mobile app? Here are the key improvements from previous versions:
- Security – The apps authenticate with a user’s standard dashboard username/password instead of the API key.
- User Permissions – The apps now apply selected user permissions including client groups. See below for further details.
- New Styling – The apps now follow the latest branding and styling guides for more visual appeal and consistency with other LOGICnow apps.
- UX Improvements – The apps feature several workflow improvements and a cleaner design using today’s mobile app conventions.
- Tablet support – There’s an iPad version of the app, and we’re working on an Android one, though the phone version already works great on an Android tablet. Use Take Control on larger tablet screens for an even better experience.
Below are a few screenshots to show you how it looks. We also added a course to LOGICnow University – click the link for a short video on how the new apps work. And of course, you can go directly to the App Store pages to see and install the apps:
New mobile app permissions
The new mobile apps come with built-in support for the Dashboard’s ‘Client Groups’ feature, so the apps will only ever show devices and clients that the user has access to in the Dashboard.
There’s also a new Mobile Apps section in ‘Roles & Permissions’ in the MAX RM Dashboard: Go to the ‘Settings’ menu, then select ‘Users’ > ‘Roles and Permissions’. Scroll down a little and you’ll see two options:
1. Mobile Apps: Allow or deny access to the mobile app. Use this if you want to block access to the app for certain users, for example end-client accounts. A user can still download the app but they won’t be able to log in.
2. Private Notes: Show or hide private check notes. Use this to stop private notes from showing in the app, for example if you want to give access to an end-client user.
By default, app access is turned on for Superuser, Administrator and Standard user roles. It’s turned off for users based on the Client role. Please note that the other Dashboard permissions do not affect the features in the app: With exception of the private check notes, other features in the app (e.g. clearing checks) are always enabled, irrespective of their permissions in the main Dashboard.
The old MAX RM Apps
The new apps are here to replace the old MAX RM apps. We encourage you to uninstall the old apps and switch to the new ones. Note that because the new apps are in new app store accounts, older installed apps won’t automatically upgrade.
Let us know what you think
As ever, we love to hear your feedback. Please let us know how you find the new mobile apps, and if you have any suggestions for future feature enhancements.
So let’s get started – download the app today and start delivering more proactive service by monitoring and managing servers and workstations while on-the-go from your mobile device!