Version 16.7 is a maintenance release focused on addressing usability, performance and customer reported issued.
Summary for MAX Backup 16.7
- Show Hidden Files for Network Shares – This option has been added to the Backup selection dialog for Network shares backups and allows hidden files to become selectable.
- Smart Date Time Formatting – The Web-Based Management Console now displays login and session dates and times in context to the current date and time.
- Individual File Restore from VM – Performance improvements have been made to file tree generation.
- Login via Email Address – Email addresses are now Mandatory for all new created and any edited users within the Cloud Management Console. Email address will become the preferred login method going forward.
- Simplified Login – Login to the Web-based Management Console has been simplified to no longer require the “Partner” name be entered (except in cases where the same email address is used with multiple partners)
- Live Chat – is now available as a drop down option in the upper right corner of the Web-based Management Console.
- Bug – Addressed incompatibility where a competitive installation of a Veeam Backup product could prevent System State backups with a “Failed to get drive geometry” error.
- Bug – Addressed an issue where clicking [Cancel] multiple times to abort a backup job could hang the job.
- Bug – Addressed an issue where compressed files were being restored without the compressed attribute.
- Bug – Addressed an issue with high CPU utilization when expanding the restore tree.
- Bug – Addressed issues preventing remote connectivity to the Backup Manager
- Bug – Addressed issues restoring Hardlinks during Virtual Disaster Recovery
Ongoing Beta and Production Preview Features
- Web-based Management Console Enhancements (Production Preview)
This new console was first introduced in 2015 to supplement the existing Cloud Management Console and is targeted specifically at the needs of partners remotely managing end customer devices. The Web Console continues to evolve with each release providing partners with browser based access to add, delete, configure, monitor and manage backups from virtually any web based device without the need for a local software installation.
The Web Management Console can be accessed securely at https://backup.management/ and uses your existing Partner credentials.
Stay tuned, as additional phased updates to the Web Console will be made throughout 2016 as we continue to expand performance, functionality and usability.
- Virtual Disaster Recovery for Linux (Beta)– The beta release of our Virtual Disaster Recovery for Linux technology in 15.7 remains available for partners. Initial support is focused on VDR of CentOS to VMware. Please submit support tickets for any open issues.
Updating to the latest version
You may download the latest Backup Manager from the download sections of our website or download links within the Management Console. The latest Backup Manager release will also be distributed via our auto update server shortly following the initial release. To ensure your Windows and Mac OS clients are always updated with the latest Backup Manager client version please ensure that you have specified ‘Always latest version’ for the ‘Max version:’ setting in the ‘Partner information view’ section of the Cloud Management Console. You can consult the support knowledge base for more details on how to set the client Max Version.
Cloud Management Console
You may download the latest Cloud Management Console from the download section of our website. The latest release will also be distributed via our auto update server shortly following the initial release. Once available you will be notified upon launching the management console and presented with the option to update.
You may also download the latest versions of the Bare Metal Recovery Tool, Recovery Console, etc. from the download section of our website. These components are not currently distributed via Auto Update.