We’re pleased to announce that we’ll shortly be upgrading the new Web Protection feature currently in RC to become Generally Available (GA). It means that you can start to roll the new and improved Web Protection service out to customers, adding a crucial layer of protection to endpoint devices. With this update, the new Web Protection service becomes billable for the month of September going forward.
This new service includes several improvements:
- New Windows System Tray and Notifications
End-user System Tray application provides users a greater understanding of blocked network traffic
- Improved Block Message Editor
Improvements to the editor allow additional control over the customization of the block message
- Temporarily snooze Web Protection or run in Report Only mode
The new “Snooze” option allows you to temporarily disable policy enforcement to help troubleshoot user issues more easily. Set the service to Report Only mode if you don’t wish to block access and only report on web traffic.
- Bulk upload White/Blacklist URLs in Policy Dialog
Simplify bulk additions to the whitelist and blacklist by loading from a file
- Several South Pane Improvements:
- Add Website to Whitelist/Blacklist from South pane
- A new column selector for web traffic categories
- Export a device’s today and 7-day history to CSV
- Add Website Reporting Exclusions to reduce South pane reporting noise
Please be aware that when you update devices with the original Web Protection service to use the new GA Agent, they will automatically upgrade to use the new version of Web Protection. Please make sure you’ve tested the new settings and options in your local environment before making this update to ensure you apply all the correct settings.
All the details…
Here’s what you need to know about installing the new Web Protection offering…
- Deploy agent v10.4.3 to a Windows machine. This can be done from the Agent menu or from the Edit Workstation / Edit Server dialog.
- After the agent v10.4.3 has been installed, you can enable Web Protection. This can be done from the Settings > Web Protection > Settings menu or on an individual device from the Edit Device dialog. Select Web Protection and then the desired Web Protection policy. Devices already running Web Protection will automatically update to the new version of the service when you install the new GA Agent.
- After enabling Web Protection, the Dashboard’s North pane tab will show a green dot, indicating successful installation and startup. The Summary tab in the Dashboard’s South Pane will also show the status of the Web Protection installation.
Please note the following system requirements:
- The new Web Protection feature requires GA Agent v10.4.3 and above.
- The new Web Protection service uses network port 2316 for categorization and reputation lookups. Insure this port is open on the machine and network firewalls.
Summary for Release
– New Web Protection offering GA
– Dashboard 6.29.2
– New GA Agent 10.4.3, no change to RC Agent
FEATURE: New and updated Web Protection offering
FEATURE: Option to set a ‘Report Only’ mode in Web Protection policies
FEATURE: Show a task bar feature and notifications for better end-user notifications with Web Protection
FEATURE: Custom branding options for the Web Protection Agent on install of the service
FEATURE: Temporarily snooze Web Protection on device right-click to help technicians work and troubleshoot
FEATURE: Whitelist/blacklists websites directly from the Web Protection tab in the south pane
UPDATE: Improved HTTPS handling in Web Protection to show end-users the custom block message
UPDATE: Improved block message customisation options with new message editor for Web Protection
Agent 10.4.3 GA
Agent 10.4.3 includes all the updates since the current production Agent v10.3.6:
Agent 10.4.3 RC
UPDATE: Backup Manager for Managed Online Backup updated to version 16.8.0
BUGFIX: Resolve conflict with Agent and Windows 10 Anniversary update
Agent v10.4.2 RC
UPDATE: Agent support for faster server overdue alerts (for a new feature in a future update)
BUGFIX: Correct ‘Event not found’ issue with the Event Log Check
Agent 10.4.1 RC
UPDATE: Upgrade of Managed Online Backup Agent to Agent version 16.6
BUGFIX: Address Managed Online Backup installation issue related to Microsoft Visual C++
BUGFIX: Stop Patch Management from rebooting the device when the reboot option is unchecked