We’re excited to announce that the Release Candidate (RC) build of the Network Devices module is now live. We are also making it available to you, at no charge, for the month of October.
The Network Devices module is a significant new update to RMM that allows you to more easily discover and monitor your customer’s network devices in the RMM UI. As a result, the Network Devices module provides you with two new areas of functionality:
Discovery of Asset Data
RMM now discovers valuable asset data about those network devices – Manufacturer, Model, Serial Number and Firmware/OS version – making it easy to understand what devices are in a network, and putting valuable information at your fingertips, right when you need it.
Monitoring of Mission-Critical Networking Gear
Your customers depend on their routers, switches, firewalls, Wireless Access Points (WAPs) and storage infrastructure to run their businesses. With the Network Devices RC, you can now discover and monitor those mission-critical devices in RMM. We’ve added in high-value monitoring checks for things like the status of power supplies, temperature sensors, fans, ports and batteries for a broad range of popular vendors:
- APC (Schneider Electric) power management devices
- HP printers
- Lexmark printers
- NetBotz environment sensors
Ready to start using these new capabilities? All you need to do is complete the following steps (screenshots below):
- Go to the Networks tab in RMM
- Ensure that RMM has been provided with the correct SNMP settings by right-clicking on the Networks that contains your network devices, and choosing Edit selected networks
- Once RMM has scanned your Networks and discovered your network devices, import them by going to the Connected Devices tab of the Network, right-clicking on the network device, and choosing Monitor device
As always, let us know what you think. If you’ve got feedback on the Network Devices module, we’d really like to hear about it.