We’re very pleased to announce that the Network Devices module in SolarWinds RMM has been significantly updated. Based on your feedback, we’ve made the following changes:
- RMM now has the ability to discover the Manufacturer, Model, Firmware Version and Serial Number of HP ProCurve switches. From a monitoring perspective, RMM now automatically monitors the following aspects of those switches:
- Hardware Sensors
- Network Ports
- RMM has also gained the ability to automatically add new checks to already-managed devices. As we release additional monitoring templates, they will be automatically added to the appropriate devices.
This release also includes several bug fixes:
- An issue that was causing the Networks tab to load very slowly (particularly in the EU and the UK) has been resolved.
- An issue that was preventing checks from being auto-applied has been resolved.
- An issue where RMM wasn’t updating the Default Gateway of networks has been resolved.
- An issue where attempting to rename a network device generated an “Unexpected Error” message has been resolved.
We will continue to update the Network Devices module – look for upcoming releases, in the near future, that continue to make this module all the more essential to your business.
New GA Agent for Mac Workstations
In addition, we’re pleased to confirm that we’ve released a new Mac GA Agent, v3.1.3. The new agent contains stability and performance improvements, see release notes below for details. Please upgrade your Mac devices to the new agent to take advantage of the latest enhancements.
Here are this week’s release notes…
Summary for Service Release
– Service release with Network Devices improvements, Mac agent update
– RMM Console v2019.01.16
– New Mac GA Agent v3.1.3
FEATURE: Detect and monitor HP ProCurve switches in Network Devices
UPDATE: Ability to automatically add new checks to existing network devices under management as they become available
BUGFIX: Resolved issue that was causing the Networks tab to load very slowly (particularly in the EU and the UK)
BUGFIX: Resolved issue preventing checks from being auto-applied
BUGFIX: Resolved issue where RMM wasn’t updating the Default Gateway of networks
BUGFIX: Resolved issue where attempting to rename a network device generated an “Unexpected Error” message
Mac GA Agent v3.1.3
BUGFIX: Resolves issue when applying monitoring template to cause Agent to stop responding
BUGFIX: Resolves issue when MSP Anywhere is unable to perform session
BUGFIX: Resolves issue when Agent uninstalls standalone Backup & Recovery