We’re pleased to share the latest enhancements to SolarWinds RMM, with updates to Network Devices, NetPath and Patch Management.
Following the recent enhancement to Network Devices in which we added support for HP ProCurve switches, we’re pleased to announce that Network Devices has just had another update – based on your feedback, we’ve added support for the following products:
- RMM now has the ability to discover the manufacturer, model, service tag and serial number of Dell PowerConnect switches. From a monitoring perspective, RMM now automatically monitors the following aspects of those devices:
- Power Supplies
- Network Ports
- RMM has also gained the ability to discover the manufacturer, model, firmware version and serial number of Synology storage devices. From a monitoring perspective, RMM now automatically monitors the following aspects of those devices:
- Physical Drives
- RAID Arrays
- Overall System Status
- Network Ports
This Network Devices release also includes several bug fixes:
- An issue where configuring a Network with multiple SNMP community strings would cause checks on some devices to report an “Awaiting First Scan” message has been resolved.
- An issue where RMM wasn’t properly populating the Manufacturer field of Fortinet devices has been resolved.
Remember, to monitor a new network device, simply go to the Networks tab, select the network that has the device you wish to monitor (or add a new network), then right-click the device in the south pane to automatically add it to the Network Devices tab with all its applicable checks.
In addition, we’re pleased to highlight that NetPath has been updated to provide you with faster scans – the minimum scan interval has been lowered to 5 minutes, and any new path that is created will scan every 5 minutes by default. You can edit existing paths to take advantage of the faster probe interval.
Lastly, we have released a couple of Patch Management updates related to the Vulnerability Scan and the attendant windows service check to help ensure a smooth transition when switching to the new SolarWinds patch engine.
Here are the release notes for this week’s update…
Summary for Service Release
– Updates to Network Devices, NetPath and Patch Management
– RMM Console v2019.02.04
– No Agent change
FEATURE: Detect and monitor Dell PowerConnect switches in Network Devices
FEATURE: Detect and monitor Synology storage devices in Network Devices
UPDATE: NetPath’s minimum scan interval lowered to 5 minutes
BUGFIX: Resolve first scan issue for network devices on a network with multiple SNMP community strings
BUGFIX: Correction to manufacturer field for Fortinet devices
BUGFIX: Improved removal of the Vulnerability Scan when switching to the new Patch Management engine
BUGFIX: Improved removal of the GFI LanGuard Attendant Service Check when switching to the new Patch Management Engine
BUGFIX: Resolved issue causing console to refresh when selecting checkbox columns in north and south pane
BUGFIX: Addressed character display issue affecting some Daily/Weekly Reports and the Critical Event Report
BUGFIX: Ensure notes in the north pane and south pane stay in sync for 999+ day old notes