What’s new this week:
Improved OAuth2/OpenID Connect (SSO) support for email users
In this update, the ability to use OAuth2/OpenID Connect to provide a single-sign-on service for email users has been significantly improved, and now works with common identity providers such as Office365. The feature is available for accounts with a custom branded hostname.
To use this functionality, OAuth2/OpenID Connect must first be configured on the domain. To do this, go to the “Domains overview” page, and use the “Configure” action for the domain that you wish to use OAuth2/OpenID Connect with. Next, go to the “Users & Permissions” section in the menu, and choose “OAuth Settings”. You’ll need to enter the OAuth2/OpenID Connect settings from the identity provider here (e.g. details for Office365).
Once you’ve configured OAuth2/OpenID Connect for all the domains you wish to have this functionality, go to your brand settings, and enable the “SSO/OAuth login for email users” setting. You’ll get the option to label the new “log in” button that appears on the main login page on your custom hostname, e.g. “Log in with Office365”.
- Resolved: fixed an issue that could cause delivery attempts over IPv6 when IPv6 was disabled (#617)
- Improved: sender addresses could fail to match a wildcard blacklist entry when the sender address was badly formatted (#528)
Front-end / GUI:
- Resolved: fixed issue that could occur when setting a TLS certificate for a brand that is used by a very large number of domains (#699)
- Resolved: fixed an issue with charts on the bandwidth overview and cloud status pages loading (144710)
- Resolved: the underscore character can be used in the network tools pages, to allow lookup of special domains (#736)
- Improved: the results of any “username” mapping is displayed in the LDAP sync preview results (#421)
- Improved: when a message is not found in the queue, the message displayed to the user now notes that the message may have already been delivered (510acc3126)
- Improved: the OAuth2/OpenID Connect functionality for email users has been improved (#474)
- Improved: the “BCC sender” checkbox is now located more consistently on the compose and reply email dialogs (#709)