What’s new this week:
When using a page that provides a table that includes one or more columns that is a number, you can now optionally include an average or total summary row. If you group the results, then you’ll get both average/total rows for each group, and an overall row.
For example, when using the Archive Usage page, you may wish to see how much space each admin is using (without having to manually add up the values yourself). On the log search page, you might want to see the average size of quarantined messages by mailbox, or the total size of messages waiting in the queue.
A new “Remote Syslog Feed” page is available for users with “features preview” enabled. A “syslog” service is a standard service used to store and access logging data; many integrated logging solutions, such as SolarWinds Papertrail, provide the ability to receive data via a syslog feed.
When this functionality is enabled for a user, a log entry will be sent to the configured remote syslog server when a message is received, when a message delivery is attempted, and when a user marks a message as needing training. You can configure the format of the log entry that is sent (both what data is included, and the layout) so that it meets the needs of your system.
Each user (at domain or admin level) may configure a single remote syslog feed, which will be appropriately restricted to events for that user.
Front-end / GUI:
- Resolved: fixed a rare scenario where a user was logged in via SSO, but not as a user with authorization to use the web interface, and then could not log out of SSO in order to use a different account (MMA-635)
- Resolved: removed the “skip sending if no results” checkbox in the edit dialog for configuring automatic Email Scout Reports (these reports always skip sending in that case; the checkbox had no effect) (MMA-1473)
- Resolved: fixed a minor display issue with the Email Scout Reports edit dialog (MMA-1474)
- Resolved: fixed exporting outgoing filter identities incorrectly including columns that were not selected (MMA-1478)
- Resolved: fixed the outgoing filter custom filtering rules add/edit dialog wrongly including a field for an outgoing username (MMA-1482)
- Added: tables that include numeric values may now optionally include an “average” or “total” summary row, per group, and overall (MMA-678)
- Added: a new “Remote Syslog Feed” page is available, which allows you to instruct the system to send a copy of the message logging data to a remote syslog server, including the SolarWinds Papertrail service. This functionality can be configured for multiple users. Note that this is currently only available for users who have “Features Preview” enabled (MMA-588)