Please be advised we will be publishing an update for Managed Antivirus MAV-BD v22.214.171.124 available for all Modern Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7+/Windows Server 2008 R2+) starting November 5th. The new Bitdefender engine version should not require any reboot. If a reboot should be needed, it will be displayed with the RMM dashboard. Ensure the delay and reboot settings in your policies are set accordingly for your customers
- The number of concurrent on-demand scans on the endpoint is now limited for enhanced responsiveness.
- The endpoint users are no longer distracted by status alerts when the Advanced Anti-Exploit module is disabled
The following issues were fixed in this build:
- In some situations, the Bitdefender Endpoint Agent service caused high CPU Usage on Windows 10On Windows 2008 R2 Standard, BEST generated large amounts of log files.
- Fixed a memory leak issue affecting endpoints with no Internet connection.
- In some cases, Bitdefender Endpoint Security Service crashed on Windows 10.
- Antimalware On-access scanning caused a slowdown on Citrix login.
- Antimalware On-access scanning caused a slowdown on Remote Desktop 2016 login
- In some cases, the Advanced Anti-Exploit module caused Microsoft Outlook to crash due to products incompatibility
Delaying Engine Upgrades
- MAV-BD Engine upgrades can be delayed by up to 10 days in the Managed Antivirus protection policy. Upgrades can also be delayed for weekends and evening hours. Please refer to RMM’s help file for more detail on this feature.
Handling MAV-BD Reboots
- Reboots can be automatically enabled for the upgrade process by selecting an option in the MAV policy under the “Installation Settings” tab. Automatic reboots occur within 5 minutes of taking the update. Please ensure this option is disabled if you do not want your end user machine to automatically reboot. If the automatic reboot option is not enabled, the reboot will be displayed as a blue dot within the North Pane of the RMM Dashboard, indicating that the machine needs a reboot to complete the installation. Reboot the machine at your earliest convenience.
Determining the version on a device:
The version of the MAV agent, as well as the MAV engine version, can be seen in 2 places – by looking at the Managed Antivirus Check (Bitdefender), or by running the Managed Antivirus Protection Report.
To see the version of the agent within the MAV check, navigate to the South Pane of the device and find the Managed Antivirus Check – Bitdefender and select the “More Information” link. To see across devices, run the Managed Antivirus Protection Report under Reports > Managed Antivirus > Antivirus Protection Report. Ensure that the Agent Version and Engine Version columns are selected from the Column drop down.