Please be advised we will be publishing an update for Managed Antivirus MAV-BD v188.8.131.52 available for all Modern Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7+Windows Server 2008R2+) starting February 11th and will be available in all territories by the end of this week.
- Added support for Windows Server 2019 Core
- Enhanced detection mechanism on Windows 10 systems
- Added support for the Anti malware notification triggered during the scan, each time a malware event is detected.
The following issues were fixed in this build:
- Bitdefender Endpoint Security Service led to high CPU usage on windows 10 Home edition.
- The product caused critical errors (BSOD) on Windows 10 endpoint having Credential Guard installed, when updating from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 version.
- Crash when starting Internet Explorer on windows 7 systems without the Microsoft stack update KB4516655 installed.
- The product could not take actions on infected.pst archives during the scan.
- In some cases, installation failed at 25% due to an issue with device drivers.
- The Advanced Threat Control module caused application crashes in certain conditions.
The new Bitdefender engine version should not require any reboot. If a reboot should be needed, it will be displayed in the RMM dashboard. Ensure the delay and reboot settings in your policies are set accordingly for your customers.
Delaying Engine Upgrades
MAV-BD Engine upgrades can be delayed by up to 10 days in the Managed Antivirus protection policy. Upgrades can also be delayed for weekends and evening hours. Please refer to RMM’s help file for more detail on this feature.
Handling MAV-BD Reboots
- Reboots can be automatically enabled for the upgrade process by selecting an option in the MAV policy under the “Installation Settings” tab. Automatic reboots occur within 5 minutes of taking the update. Please ensure this option is disabled if you do not want your end-user machine to automatically reboot. If the automatic reboot option is not enabled, the reboot will be displayed as a blue dot within the North Pane of the RMM Dashboard, indicating that the machine needs a reboot to complete the installation. Reboot the machine at your earliest convenience.
Determining the version on a device:
The version of the MAV agent, as well as the MAV engine version, can be seen in 2 places – by looking at the Managed Antivirus Check (Bitdefender), or by running the Managed Antivirus Protection Report.
To see the version of the agent within the MAV check, navigate to the South Pane of the device and find the Managed Antivirus Check – Bitdefender and select the “More Information” link. To see across devices, run the Managed Antivirus Protection Report under Reports > Managed Antivirus > Antivirus Protection Report. Ensure that the Agent Version and Engine Version columns are selected from the Column drop down.