Please be advised we will be publishing an update for Managed Antivirus MAV-BD v188.8.131.52 starting April 1st, available in all territories by the end of the week. This release provides an update to our MAV-BD agent to 184.108.40.206.
This release provides the following improvements for Disk Encryption Manager:
- UPDATE: Users will be able to determine when devices/volumes have been off-boarded from DEM through the new column added in the Recovery Key report.
- UPDATE: Users will be able to easily recognize the latest protector id in the Recovery Key report
- UPDATE: The Disk Encryption check details for both overview and history will display date/time as the End User console times.
- UPDATE: When moving devices, a reminder has been added to ensure to review your Disk Encryption Manager settings
- UPDATE: Audit Report will track if DEM policy has been enabled with the pre-boot pin setting enabled
- UPDATE: Tool tip has been added to the Recovery Key Management screen for easily locating the Key ID
- BUGFIX: Recovery Key report has been corrected to display offline devices
No reboot should be required. If a reboot should be needed, it will be displayed in the RMM dashboard. Ensure the delay and reboot settings in your policies are set accordingly for your customers.
Delaying Engine Upgrades
MAV-BD Engine upgrades can be delayed by up to 10 days in the Managed Antivirus protection policy. Upgrades can also be delayed for weekends and evening hours. Please refer to RMM’s help file for more detail on this feature.
Handling MAV-BD Reboots
- Reboots can be automatically enabled for the upgrade process by selecting an option in the MAV policy under the “Installation Settings” tab. Automatic reboots occur within 5 minutes of taking the update. Please ensure this option is disabled if you do not want your end user machine to automatically reboot. If the automatic reboot option is not enabled, the reboot will be displayed as a blue dot within the North Pane of the RMM Dashboard, indicating that the machine needs a reboot to complete the installation. Reboot the machine at your earliest convenience.
Determining the version on a device:
The version of the MAV agent, as well as the MAV engine version, can be seen in 2 places – by looking at the Managed Antivirus Check (Bitdefender), or by running the Managed Antivirus Protection Report.
To see the version of the agent within the MAV check, navigate to the South Pane of the device and find the Managed Antivirus Check – Bitdefender and select the “More Information” link. To see across devices, run the Managed Antivirus Protection Report under Reports > Managed Antivirus > Antivirus Protection Report. Ensure that the Agent Version and Engine Version columns are selected from the Column drop down.