Please be advised that we plan to release SolarWinds EDR agent updates for both Windows and macOS on July 23, 2020 at approximately 12pm UTC / 8am EDT. Once released to the Management Console of your applicable region, agent updates can be initiated via the “Update Software” action in the console.
The release versions are:
- Windows Agent v126.96.36.199
- macOS Agent v188.8.131.5243
Enhancements for the Windows agent include:
- Minor improved performance and bug fixes.
- Quarantine improvements.
- Bug fixes in Device Control, and interoperability issues. Network consumption improvements.
- Enhanced detection of the Koadic penetration framework.
- Important security fix in Legacy Agent installation path.
Enhancements for the macOS agent include:
- Behavioral AI engine improvements.
- Improved Agent CPU utilization when handling excluded processes.
- Extended support for path exclusions modes – The macOS Agent now supports all of the path exclusion modes. For details see: Creating a Path Exclusion.
- Suppress Alert: You have more granular control of exclusions. You can set if the Agent suppress-es alerts of the DFI (Static) engine only, of the Dynamic AI engine only, or of all engines.
- Interoperability: Reduce the monitoring level on the excluded processes, in addition to suppressing alerts.
- Interoperability – extended: Reduce the monitoring level on the excluded processes and their child- processes (Same as the Interoperability option but includes child-processes.)
- Performance Focus: Disable monitoring of the excluded processes, in addition to suppressing alerts. n Performance Focus-Extended: Disable monitoring of the excluded processes and their child-processes. (Same as the Performance Focus but includes child processes.)
- SW EDR Device Control now supports controlling Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices. Support for BLE starts with Management version Jamaica and macOS Agent version 4.1.0 +. For details see: Device Control Bluetooth Low Energy Rules.
Full release notes can be found here: