Please be advised we will be publishing an update for Managed Antivirus MAV-BD available for all Modern Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7+ Windows Server 2008R2+) starting August 5th, available in all territories by the end of the week. This release provides an update to our MAV-BD agent to 184.108.40.206.
This release provides the following changes:
- BUGFIX: Managed Antivirus (MAV-BD)—A rare syncing issue which could cause Disk Encryption Manager status to display incorrectly has now been corrected.
- BUGFIX: Managed Antivirus (MAV-BD)—An issue causing nil results when running the API call ‘List scan results’ has now been corrected.
- BUGFIX: Managed Antivirus (MAV-BD)—A change has been made for servers and x32 windows systems to ensure Master Service is also able to be installed silently. The pop-up progress bar for the Master Service will no longer be displayed.
- Deprecation: Managed Antivirus (MAV-BD)—The new enhanced Behavioral Analysis module brings with it the introduction of Process Group detection. Group Process detection is a technology evolution that provides better integrated and correlated detections, better protection but not particularly suited for end-user decisions. This means that the option in MAV-BD Policy Setting can no longer offer the option ‘Prompt user for action when behavioral threat detected’.
No reboot should be required. If a reboot should be needed, it will be displayed in the RMM dashboard. Ensure the delay and reboot settings in your policies are set accordingly for your customers.
Delaying Engine Upgrades
MAV-BD Engine upgrades can be delayed by up to 10 days in the Managed Antivirus protection policy. Upgrades can also be delayed for weekends and evening hours. Please refer to RMM’s help file for more detail on this feature.
Handling MAV-BD Reboots
- Reboots can be automatically enabled for the upgrade process by selecting an option in the MAV policy under the “Installation Settings” tab. Automatic reboots occur within 5 minutes of taking the update. Please ensure this option is disabled if you do not want your end user machine to automatically reboot. If the automatic reboot option is not enabled, the reboot will be displayed as a blue dot within the North Pane of the RMM Dashboard, indicating that the machine needs a reboot to complete the installation. Reboot the machine at your earliest convenience.
Determining the version on a device:
The version of the MAV agent, as well as the MAV engine version, can be seen in 2 places – by looking at the Managed Antivirus Check (Bitdefender), or by running the Managed Antivirus Protection Report.
To see the version of the agent within the MAV check, navigate to the South Pane of the device and find the Managed Antivirus Check – Bitdefender and select the “More Information” link. To see across devices, run the Managed Antivirus Protection Report under Reports > Managed Antivirus > Antivirus Protection Report. Ensure that the Agent Version and Engine Version columns are selected from the Column drop down.