We’re pleased to confirm that the recently announced SolarWinds Take Control Viewer is now available to RMM users as well. The new viewer offers a much improved UI, with a larger usable desktop area and with a new menu layout, so that commands and functions are grouped together logically in one place.
Check out the recent Take Control post for all the details about this exciting update.
The new viewer is now available for auto-update for Mac and Windows, so partners who Continue reading
Please be advised we will be publishing an update for Managed Antivirus (MAV-BD) v18.104.22.168 available for all Modern Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7+/Windows Server 2008 R2+) Thursday February 21st. The new Bitdefender engine version should not require any reboot. If a reboot should be needed, it will be displayed with the RMM dashboard. Ensure the delay and reboot settings in your policies are set accordingly for your customers.
Following yesterday’s RMM Managed Antivirus Bitdefender (MAV-BD) publish 22.214.171.124 (original post) we have seen reports of the “Windows Service Check – Managed Antivirus Endpoint Security Service” failing. We are working with our partner, Bitdefender, to resolve the issue. We have paused the update at this time.
We are pleased to announce the availability of SolarWinds Backup version 18.12. This release includes several customer-requested enhancements, including support for new operating systems and applications.
New support additions/updates include:
- Added support for OneDrive files On-Demand to align with Microsoft changes
- Added improved support for Mac OS X Mojave (10.14.0)
- OS X Mojave security restrictions now require applications to be added to “full disk access” in System Preferences. We’ve added a dialog to alert you, and a button that will open the System Preferences screen to the correct dialog, so you can add the Backup Manager and continue to perform successful backups.
- Added support for NTFS transactions to Backup Accelerator
- Improved German translation
- Improved internal info page account details
- Improved standardization of time formats
- Updated binary signing certificates
Additional improvements and bug fixes include:
- Fixed an issue where backups scheduled after a missed backup due to an interrupted session were not performed
- Fixed an issue with VMware CBT when using the VMware Storage API
- Fixed an issue with slow Network Share scanning
- Fixed an issue where Backup Accelerator was rescanning after an antivirus scan was performed on some systems
- Fixed an issue where the Backup Service couldn’t initialize when cabinet files were not synced from LocalSpeedVault to the cloud
- Fixed an issue where the response of the Client Tool was invalid when an improper security key was entered
- Fixed an issue where some sessions were listed as local, when in fact they were fully synchronized to the cloud
- Fixed an issue with high network traffic in cases where LocalSpeedVault write validation passed but cabinets were unable to be written
- Fixed an issue with the Recovery Console improperly writing partition table to local disk
- Fixed an issue where an extra backup job was performed unexpectedly
Our latest update solves the following reported issues:
· The name of the service item is not properly appearing in QBD
· Contact email address field is not RFC 5321 compliant (does not support capital letters)
· New tickets not defaulting to taxable
· Service item dropdown is empty when viewing historical tickets assigned to inactive service items
· Unable to mark a ticket Complete due to running timer from disabled user account
· Scheduled tickets show the same service item as expired in some tickets, but not others
· User and monitored mailbox can share the same email address
· Trial activation link fails
· Deleted tickets can still be viewed if accessing the url directly
· Cannot re-add the same Program Level to a Customer
Please be advised we will be publishing an update for Managed Antivirus MAV-BD v126.96.36.199 available for all Modern Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7+/Windows Server 2008 R2+) Tuesday February 19th. The new Bitdefender engine version should not require any reboot. If a reboot should be needed, it will be displayed with the RMM dashboard. Ensure the delay and reboot settings in your policies are set accordingly for your customers.